This Wednesday, we’re rolling up the Schuylkill River Trail to make our way to Forbidden Drive in the one and only Wissahickon!
Many people find the crushed gravel trail on Forbidden Drive to be rideable on tires with a width of 32c (1.25”) or wider, typical on most hybrid, touring, mountain, and gravel bikes. It can certainly be done with skinnier tires depending on your comfort level. If you’re not comfortable riding on gravel, that segment is out/back so you can wait for the group before we roll back to Wissahickon Brewing.
A few notes, complementary to our How We Ride guide:
- Stay behind the leader of the ride.
- Bring a headlight! Forbidden Dr, Wissahickon Trail & parts of Kelly Dr are unlit.
- We’ll regroup at the start of the Wissahickon Trail before heading in.
- Our turnaround point on Forbidden Drive is the stone bridge just before the Allens Lane Shelter. We’ll re-gather there, take a group photo and hang out in nature for a few minutes.
- There is a short, steep hill before the brewery. Feel free to walk your bike up!
Since it’s thunderstorm season: our practice is not to make a call on the weather until day-of to give Mother Nature every possible opportunity to change her mind. We’ll cancel any ride by 3pm that day.
Thanks for riding!